How do we know our program is effective?
A study of our church pilot program is published in The Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) Preventing Chronic Disease Journal.
Strong engagement during & after program
- 90% of participants completed the 8-week program
- Nearly ¾ continued to maintain or lose weight in a 10 week follow up
Decreased risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes
- Incidence of Metabolic Syndrome reduced from 44% to 24% of participants
Safe & effective weight loss
- Women & Men lost an average of 1.3 & 1.6 lbs. per week respectively
Enhanced wellness and quality of life
- Reduced Stress
- Improved Emotional Well-being
(1) Effect of a Multifaceted, Church-Based Wellness Program on Metabolic Syndrome; Center for Disease Control’s Preventing Chronic Disease Journal, Volume 7: No. 4, July 2010